I got my name in lights with notcelebrity.co.uk

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Assignment #19-Web 2.0 Tools..And the winner is....

For Assignment #19 I looked at the short list of Web 2.0 tools. I looked through the list and being that I LOVE widgets I decided to pick that topic and I looked at the tools there. I liked SpringWidgets. What I liked about the site is that everything was organized and you got to preview the widgets. Also what was great is you have the option of downloading widgets as desktop applications or as code that you can put on a blog or site. And for the blogs they have pretty much all the popular sites so you can pick the embedded code that is right for your blog. I actually added the Christmas tree widget and the Christmas countdown widget on my blog now from SpringWidgets. Can Widgets be useful say on the QL site. Sure depends on what type of Widget. Some widgets are interactive and can make certain items on a site personalized. I can see patrons like this feature. For instance I can see maybe a calendar widget on the site maybe under My Account so patrons can see the day that their items are due.

No comments:

U2