I got my name in lights with notcelebrity.co.uk

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Assignment #17 1/2 - Facebook

I've never got into the myspace/mybook thingy. I kinda felt that I would never update it and just did not want weirdos to see info on my and/or want to be "friends"...ha ha! ;) Anyways for this assignment I did as asked and read through the Top Ten Facebook Apps for Librarians I thought there were 3 Apps that would be useful and/or our patrons would like. The three being: Books iRead, Librarian, and My Wikipedia. The Books iRead reminded me of LibraryThing which we learned about earlier in our project. It was a fun utility for keeping track of what you are reading and sharing with others so you can know what you may want to read next. The Librarian I thought was a useful little tool that I could see our patrons using and I saw it has a "Ask a Librarian" feature like the one we use at QL. My Wikipedia is a great resource. Like I said before I LOVE Wikipedia and I think it is a good reference resource. I also saw that there were Apps for specific locations library catalogs. It would be a useful tool to create an App that could search the QL catalog.

No comments:

U2