I got my name in lights with notcelebrity.co.uk

Saturday, November 3, 2007

Mmmmm so del.icio.us-assignment #13

I played around with del.icio.us as the assignment suggested...At first I went to the list created by Queens Library Learning 2.0. After checking that one out I did a search. Hmmmm...what could it have been on ...well what about U2. Yes, AGAIN, I did a search on U2 and saw some interesting sites that others had set as their favorites. I plan to go back and create an account and add my favorites for different interests. I think it is pretty cool that you can tag your favorites so that when you search it will list only the faves that have the same tag. I can see this being a very useful tool for doing research. Say I use a PC at school and I did a search and found a bunch of sites that will help with my research it is alot easier to add them to your del.icio.us account and then be able to access them at home from that same account. It is also a cool way to find other sites that are in others faves that relate to a topic you are interested. Say I am in a U2 fan group and I set-up a del.icio.us account and added my favorite U2 sites (the same ones on that Rollyo search roll ;) ) my fellow-fans can create his/her own account and add sites from my list to theirs very easily. Just hit save right next to the site and its now added to your faves. Also I think they are cool because saving favorites in a browser you have to constantly back them up so they are not lost if your hard drive ever crashes. You can't access them everywhere. Also to find stuff you have to make sure to keep them very organized in folders and such or you will have to search through them all till you find the one you need. With the tags all you have to do is search for 1 lil word and all your sites with that tag are listed. Much easier. So yes I think del.icio.us has alot of possibilities. :)

1 comment:

Beautiful said...

Hey Marlene just let me know when your ready:-)

U2