I got my name in lights with notcelebrity.co.uk

Friday, November 2, 2007

LibraryThing-assignment #11

The LibraryThing "assignment" is another one that I enjoyed. The reason being that I LOVE to read. I love the "Classics". Of course when adding books my mind went blank to the books that I have read so I added only some of my faves that I remember. I plan to add more as I remember them. I also thought it was cool that you can make a widget of your books, basically a virtual bookshelf. I created a widget and added it here on the right hand side there. Check it out and you'll see some of my favorite books. As well as some of my favorite subjects. I think looking at what people read or listen to you can learn what kind of person they are...Or at least what they are into. Anyone can easily see even with the few books that I added that I enjoy classic literature and poetry as well as History and ancient civilizations. I will also add books on religion as well as other faves at a later date. This "assignment" also made me want to go out and look out for more books including keeping an eye out for Dan Brown's sequel to The DaVinci Code. Hey at least its not Harry Potter...ha ha! ;)

Here's yet another taste of my faves:

The Mother of God
By W.B. Yeats

The threefold terror of love, a fallen flare
Through the hollow of an ear;
Wings beating about the room;
The terror of all terrors that I bore
The Heavens in my womb.

Had I not found content among the shows
Every common woman knows,
Chimney corner, garden walk,
Or rocky cistern where we tread the clothes
And gather all the talk?

What is this flesh I purchased with my pains,
This fallen star my milk sustains,
This love that makes my heart's blood stop
Or strikes a sudden chill into my bones
And bids my hair stand up?

Like Yeats...find more poems at:http://www.lib.umd.edu/ETC/ReadingRoom/Poetry/Yeats/

No comments:

U2