I got my name in lights with notcelebrity.co.uk

Friday, October 26, 2007

Happy Halloween! Trick or treating and Feed searching! ;)



Happy Halloween to all the ghouls and ghosts out there!

Well on to "thing #9". So I used the four search tools suggested on the QL Learning 2.0 site as well as using the search utility in Bloglines. I think Bloglines was the easiest to use. I liked the fact that you can exclude feeds you already have on your list from the search. It can be very useful if you have alot of feeds on a certain topic to not have to weed through everything and just see ones you are not subscribed to. I did a search on THE GREATEST BAND IN THE WORLD=U2 . And I found 3 feeds and added them to my Bloglines acct. They were:
  • @U2blog - U2 news and discussion
  • News @U2
  • U2 News, U2 Lyrics, U2 Tour, U2 Live, U2 Video: U2fanlife

    I also liked Technorati but I liked Bloglines the best. The other 2 searches I found a little less user friendly. As a result of these "assignments" I am more aware now of RSS Feeds on sites. That little icon is a bit more visible now and has prompted me to subscribe to more and more feeds. Its definately a cool way of keeping up-to-date with sites that interest you.
Ok now on to "assignment" #10. Enjoy your Halloween guys and don't eat tooooo much candy or you'll get a tummy ache and keep the dentist in business. ;)

4 comments:

hood_and_hat said...

That is a supercute ghost.

MarleneT said...

LOL..thank you...well I couldn't have it any other way. :)

Beautiful said...

Hey Marlene I LOVE your blog is so cute and Beautified. LOL

MarleneT said...

Hi Ms. Toya,

Thank you for your comment. :)

U2